"Through Girls Achieve, I have witnessed many of our girls gain a strong sense of self-esteem and the confidence which allows them to make well-informed decisions."
Scope of Services
• School Day and After School programs to address specific needs and interests.
• Summer Camp and enrichment activities.
• Expand and enhance exhisting youth programs.
• Television production, including on-air talent development, for school-based instructional media programs.
• Training for school-based educators to effectively communicate with the media.
Public Speaking and Workshop Presentations
• Topics of interest to educators, parents, and youth audiences.
Girls Achieve is a curriculum-support series of life skills workshops for primarily middle school girls presented weekly during the school year or as a limited series of workshops.
Girls Achieve was created at the request of a middle school principal who wanted to keep her students focused on learning while facing the challenges of growing up female in today's society.
- Less absenteeism.
- More positive behavior.
- Greater desire to learn.
- Increased sense of value.